2014 is bringing new events to London! It starts on February 6th with the CODEFEST! This will be an evening workshop with technical experts from Intel showing how to create an NDK app. Sulamita Garcia, our Intel engineer expert, will be explaining how to use Android NDK and C/C++ libraries optimised for x86 devices. We think this is one of the best next-generation architectures for building better apps!
There’s no better teacher than experience though, so a hands-on session will follow where everyone will get the chance to try the tricks and tips that have been given. The session will also give attendees a chance to get help (if needed) from our expert Sulamita.
- What’s the goal of Codefest? -
So what is a Codefest and how does it benefit you? Codefests are open to anyone, fun, informative, and provide an opportunity to expand your network of contacts while exchanging valuable information and learning from hands-on workshops!
- A word about the tech – Android NDK and x86 devices
X86 is a term, which regroups a family of backward compatible instruction set architectures based on the Intel 8086 CPU. The Android NDK that will be introduced during the Codefest is a tool-set for developing Android applications with embedded native code. The NDK helps Android developers who use C or C++ code in their applications. It consists of the following components:
- A set of cross-tool chains and build scripts used to generate binary libraries for Intel x86 architecture from C/C++ source files on your development platforms
- Methods to package the native binary libraries into apk files to be installed on the Intel Atom™ processor-based devices
- A set of native headers and libraries supported by the Android* platforms
- Program for the evening -
To developers interested in Android and C/C++, come join us on Feb 6th @ Skills Matter! Here is a breakdown of the evening:
What is Intel
doing in the Android ecosystem
Intel Devices in the Market
Wireless Display (WiDi) and the second screen API
Native Development Kit (NDK)
Building for Multiple Platforms
Delivering high performance games on x86 using the Marmalade SDK
Testing Android Apps
Real Device testing
Virtual Device Testing
If you want to take a look at one of our previous Codefests, have a look
See you on Feb 6th!